Friday, December 7, 2012

The Legacy

I really love my parents. I respect them so much and adore every quirky detail of our big family. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the blessings the Lord lavishes on us, His children. I often think about my actions and desire that they bring honor to God. Quite possibly with the same fervor, I desire to honor my parents' name and the legacy they have handed down to us. Because of the businesses my parents are in, many people in my town might know my father's or mother's name. I have had thousands of interactions through out my growing up years when I was asked, "Is this person your father/mother?" I know the pride I had in always answering, "Yes, I am his/her daugher." I knew that if any one had interacted with my Dad that they would know that he is a man of great integrity and would only have the highest things to say about him. I knew that of the many students my Mother has taught math, they would all tell hilarious stories of her classroom antics and say she was a fabulous teacher. 
 
A few weeks ago we were blessed with a friend who in the spur of the moment came out and took pictures of our family on my parent's ranch. We had such fun. It was chaos trying to get all the kids to look at the camera at the same time, yet we survived. As I look back over the pictures I cannot help but think of how these children have been and will continue to be blessed by the legacy their grandparents have left for them. Here are a few of the shots from the day...
 
All seven of the grandkids in the horse trailer.
 
Little cowboys climbing.
 

Kohle and Remy.
 
Still in love after all these years.
 
Me and my sweet handsome man.
 
The whole crew.
 
May we live to honor and serve God and seek to continue the legacy our parents gave to us.

No comments: