Thursday, January 24, 2013

The 3rd Child

When Brady was this age and he crawled on the dishwasher, I freaked out. What if he falls? What if he bonks his head? I swiftly picked him up, told him no, and fervantly fought the good fight of keeping him off of it until he realized he was going to lose. When Cody was this age and he crawled on the dishwasher, I freaked out. What if he breaks the door...and his head? I swiftly picked him up, shut the door and resigned to doing dishes only while he was taking his nap. I was too tired to fight the good fight I had fought previously fought with Brady. Cut me some slack, I had a 3 year old, a 1 year old and was preggie with my third baby. So now that Kennedy is this age and crawling on the dishwasher, I don't freak out about her bonking her head...she will probably be fine. I don't freak out about the door breaking...the hours of play time justify the cost of fixing the door, right? I mean the dishwasher is basically an indoor jungle gym anyways. Instead, I think she looks so cute that I stop what I am doing and take a picture. Oh the third child, they get away with everything.  
 

No comments: